PSP® Exam Preparation Course Outline
As a Planning & Scheduling Professional, you gain insights in project planning and developing, monitoring, updating, forecasting and analyzing integrated project schedules. You can get immense knowledge on the planning and scheduling procedure within the AACE International Total Cost Management (TCM) framework.
This course will provide detailed overview of PSP® Certification Study Guide, 1st Edition, Revised 2014 published by the AACE International, USA. PSP® Guide is divided into two main chapters (Planning and Scheduling) and each of the two main chapters are further subdivided in two sections. Planning chapter contains two sections i.e., Planning Development and Planning Product. Scheduling chapter contains another two sections known as Schedule Development and Schedule Maintenance & Reporting. Total 20 topics covered under Planning (7 topics in Planning development and 13 topics under Planning Product). Similarly 28 topics are covered Scheduling (14 topics in each sections i.e., Schedule Development and Schedule Maintenance & Reporting). The PSP Certification Study Guide summarizes various topics considered central to the planning and scheduling profession, as outlined in AACE International’s Recommended Practice 14R-90, Responsibility and Required Skills for a Planning and Scheduling Professional, along with the current edition of the Skills and Knowledge of Cost Engineering.
The primary objective of this course is certification preparation, hence most of the topics will be taught at the level of remembering, understanding and applying. Considering the current PSP Examination Format, the entire content shall be delivered in 9 Sessions (3 classroom lecture sessions per day) with end of the session quizzes through the course. followed by solving complex problems related to CPM Networks using programming tool P6 (problems from Appendix A, PSP Study Guide and Skills and Knowledge of Cost Engineering, Chapter 13 Scheduling)
The Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP) certified by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB). AACE certification distinguishes cost and management professionals who have the knowledge and skills to impact the bottom line.
We are an AACEI Approved Education Provider
PSP® Exam Preparation Course Outline
Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP)® Exam Preparation
This PSP® Training course provides a detailed study Planning and Scheduling Professional based on Body of Knowledge published by AACE International.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Understand fundamental concepts of the planning and its terminology, recognise that planning process is a dynamic process repeated throughout each phase of a program or project life cycle.
2. Understand the importance of project communication and memo writing that simulates reporting on a critical planning & scheduling issue of the project, analysis variation probable effective solutions for the issue and proposed a solution.
3. Understand the fundamentals of planning development (input & data, basis & assumptions, consideration & project constraints) to facilitate preparation of the project
4. Understand the o/p of planning development stage, type of various planning products and deliverables as well as use of those deliverables to manage a project successfully.
5. Understand the effective implementation of a plan results in a schedule, fundamentals of schedule development (input & data) to facilitate creation of the project schedule.
6. Understand the effective schedule maintenance, various types of scheduling deliverables including schedule progress tracking & reviews, project controls with implementation of change management and management reporting.
Section 1: Introduction
* Project, Subproject, Programme and Portfolio
* Relation between Product and Project Life Cycle
* Key Project Players within the organisation (Roles & Responsibility) – Project Sponsor, Project Manager, Resource Manager and Project Team Member
* Organisation Chart and RACI
Section 2: Practical Written Communication
Section 3: Planning Development
* Stakeholders Requirements
* Contractual Obligations
* Constructability Methods
* Resource identification
* Value Engineering
* Project Variables
Section 4: Planning Product (1/2)
Section 5: Planning Product (2/2)
Section 6: Scheduling – Schedule Development
Section 7: Scheduling – Maintain Schedule
Section 8: Scheduling – Controlling Schedule
Section 9: Network Analysis (Schedule Analysis)
Session 10: Complex Problem (Network Analysis) – Appendix A – CPM problem solving and demonstration using P6 Software)
Upcoming PSP® Schedule
PSP® Certification Guide
This is highly recommended for Planning Engineers, Project Managers, Planning Managers , Project Control Managers , Cost Engineer and other professionals who wants to acquire knowledge of project time management techniques from Engineering, Construction (Building, technology, science and management), Business, Economics, Accounting, Architecture, Architecture, Computer science, Mathematics
Candidates for the Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) designation must meet these minimum requirements:
- At least eight (8) full years of relevant professional experience
- Up to four (4) of the eight (8) years may be substituted with a relevant baccalaureate degree.
- Relevant degrees are quantitative and include: engineering; construction (building, technology, science, management); business; economics; accounting; architecture; computer science; mathematics, etc
Applications for the examination may be obtained from:
- AACE International’s website, by requesting on-line or mailing a request to AACE International’s headquarters.
- AACE International headquarters (HQ), by writing or telephoning for an application package (1-800-858-COST)
- AACE International display booths at annual meetings, AACE International seminars, and at other conventions where AACE International participates.
- Upon acceptance, you will need to schedule your examination.
The Exam: The exam is a multiple choice computer based examination. The exam consists of 120 questions, and it takes approximately 5 hours to complete.
PSP certification lasts for 3 years from the date you obtained your original certification. PSP certification holders must meet all continuing education requirements in order to retain certification.