Contracts Management and Administration (Based on FIDIC Standard)
Red, Orange, Yellow, and Silver Book
This Contracts Management and Administration training course explains the practical application of the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction (the “Construction Contract”) and the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (the “Design-Build Contract”). Whether you are Client, Consultant or Contractor this training program will help you to gain confidence on FIDIC documents. It provides extensive checking measures and work exercises to give all delegates a comprehensive understanding of proper management of these contracts.
Contracts Management and Administration Training Course Outline
Contracts Management and Administration Training
The Contracts Management and Administration training course in Dubai at 3FOLD Education Centre covers the practical application of the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction and the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Design-Build and Plant. The Contracts Management and Administration course helps consultants, clients, contractors, or any other professional student to have confidence when dealing with all types of FIDIC documents. While the Contracts Management and Administration course in Dubai focuses mainly on the Red book, the Silver, Yellow and Orange books are covered as well.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this workshop, you will be able to understand and apply the following learning objectives:
- Learn the practical use of FIDIC conditions of contracts.
- Understand the steps to be followed prior to signing the contract.
- Apply FIDIC conditions of contracts to manage claims and dispute resolution.
- Understand FIDIC contract related documents.
- Understand the responsibilities of main parties.
- Learn tests on completion and financial procedures.
- Understand several key concepts such as suspension, termination, risk, liability, force majeure, etc.
- Understand what is completion and what are the liabilities applicable after.
The syllabus for this Contracts Management and Administration course covers the FIDIC Red Book, and compares it to the Orange, Yellow and Silver Books. Course Content is as follows:
- General Provisions
- The Employer, Engineer and Contractor
- Nominated Subcontractors, Staff and Labour
- Plant, Materials and Workmanship
- Employers’ Taking Over and Defects Liability
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Variations and Adjustments
- Contract Price and Payment
- Termination by Employer
- Suspension and Termination by Contractor
- Risk and Responsibility
- Insurance and Force Majeure
- Claims, Disputes and Arbitration
Upcoming Course Schedule
July 14th – July 28th, 2017
Time : 8:00 AM To 2:00 PM
Duration : 3 Fridays
Abu Dhabi, UAE
June 16th – July 7th, 2017
Time : 8:00 AM To 2:00 PM
Duration: 3 Fridays
FIDIC Training Guide
Builders, engineers, and other related professionals that want to enhance their knowledge on FIDIC red, silver, yellow, and orange books would have an interest in taking this course.
There are no prerequisites to apply for this course. There is also no certification that can be obtained for FIDIC.
This is an in-depth course over FIDIC. There is no examination for certification available.
The FIDIC Red Book covers the condition of contracts for the construction industry, and is continually updated. It is critical to update your own knowledge each time a new version is released.