Certified Quality Engineer Training Overview
We deliver Certified Quality Engineer – CQE training in Dubai and Doha.
“The ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is a professional who understands the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. This body of knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to, development and operation of quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, the ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation, familiarity with quality cost concepts and techniques, and the knowledge and ability to develop and administer management information systems and to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.” – ASQ
We are an ASQ Registered Education Provider
CQE Training Exam Preparation Course Outline
CQE Exam Preparation
A Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is a certified professional that has passed the CQE exam that is approved by the American Society for Quality. Professional engineers that intend to seek CQE certification will be educated in every aspect of quality control and quality engineering processes. Attendees will learn advanced information on lost production costs, lost market share as a result of poor quality, and researching and prevention of unnecessary costs that are a result of lack of quality. Our certified quality engineer course at 3FOLD Education Centre covers every aspect of quality concepts, quality standards, and every other aspect of organizations and their functions.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the CQE training course, participants will understand and be able to demonstrate their ability to do the following:
- Explain what modern quality is and how it has evolved from quality control to statistical process control to overall leadership principles and total quality management.
- Describe, define, and demonstrate how to use numerous deployment tools in regards to QMS. This includes analysis and stakeholder identification, benchmarking, performance measurement tools and multiple project management tools that include but are not limited to Gantt charts, PERT charts, resource allocation, and critical path method.
- Describe, interpret, and define the key elements that make up a quality system. This includes improvements and planning control in terms of process and product design, audit programs, quality cost systems, and more.
- Interpret, classify, and define the quality characteristics for new processes and products.
- Identify, define, and apply process and product control methods that include but are not limited to the identification of critical control points, control plan development, and the development and validation of work instructions.
- Select, construct, interpret, and apply various tools such as Pareto charts, flowcharts, control charts, cause and effect diagrams, scatter diagrams, histograms, and check sheets.
- Classify, compare, and define continuous variables data and attributes.
- Explain and identify the benefits and objectives of SPC.
- Describe, calculate, define, and use process capability studies. This includes but is not limited to the identification of specifications, characteristics and tolerances, the development of sampling plans for studies, and establishing statistical control.
This course will cover the following modules:
- Management and Leadership
- Quality System
- Product, Process, and Service Design
- Product and Process Control
- Continuous Improvement
- Quantitative Methods and Tools
- Risk Management
Download Copy of CQE Training course brochure
CQE Certification Guide
Any quality engineer that is seeking CQE certificationshould take the certified quality engineer course. This course provides comprehensive coursework that will fully prepare professional engineers to successfully complete and pass the Certified Quality Engineer examination.
The role that quality professionals have at all levels is evolving. Those that have the knowledge, experience, and skill will be eligible for certification from the American Society for Quality, which is the leading quality authority in the United States. ASQ Certification is deemed as a great accomplishment, and it validates the fact that you have superior knowledge of quality management practices and principles. This course is recommended for managers or engineers who have the intention of improving their knowledge on overall quality assurance and statistical methods, to solve and diagnose industrial quality programs, to improve overall product quality, and to improve existing quality systems.
The course is also beneficial to those who are considering enhancing their careers and would like to be better trained and highly-skilled and recognized quality professionals.
NOTE: Having a pre-requisite degree in Engineering is NOT required to become a Certified Quality Engineer.
***All QUALITY PROFESSIONALS (even without a Degree in Engineering)
Depending on the level of education you have, you must have the corresponding amount of job experience in at least one area of the CQE Body of Knowledge.
- Diploma 7 Years
- Associates Degree 6 Years
- Bachelor’s Degree 4 Years
- Masters or Doctorate 3 Years
At least 3 years of your work related experience must be in a position that involves decision making.
To apply for the CQE Certification Examination, applicants must do the following:
- Apply for ASQ membership.
- Complete and submit the online application form. ASQ will evaluate your documents and application thoroughly, and they will notify you of any additional steps that need to be taken.
- Upon acceptance, schedule your examination. The CQE exams can be taken alternative months starting from January 2017. The exam is open-book, and exam participants are required to bring their own reference materials.
The exam is a written exam that is composed of multiple choice questions. The exam is one part, has 160 questions in total, and takes 5 hours to complete.
ASQ DATE OF APPLICATION AND EXAMINATION:
Please check exam dates & deadlines carefully. We will make no exceptions.
All deadlines are at 11:59 p.m. (Central) on the date specified.
Late Registration Fee: $70
ASQ certification examinations are delivered by ASQ’s testing partner, Prometric. The examination scheduling instructions in your eligibility letter will direct you to a section of Prometric’s website, where you can select and schedule your examination date and location.
Type of Exam: Computer Based Testing
For more information/clarifications please go to : http://asq.org/cert/dates
To maintain CQE Certification you must complete the re-certification process once every 3 years. The two ways to re-certify are as follows:
- Examination. This option is required if you have let your certification expire, and the standard six month grace period is past.
- Recertification Journal. A minimum of 18 recertification units must be obtained and documented in a journal over the three year period that you are certified.
CQE is a registered mark of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), USA. All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.